The taxable period is the specific period during which the tax payment is calculated and paid. · The standard taxable period applicable to taxable persons must be a period of three calendar months ending on the date determined by the FTA. The FTA may, at its discretion, assign different tax periods other than the standard period to specific taxable groups (for example, companies may need to file VAT in Dubai each month). · If the taxable person is assigned a standard taxable period, the taxable person may request that the taxable period end in the requested month and the FTA may accept such request at its discretion. I will. Check here for the date of filing your VAT return in the United Arab Emirates. The VAT return must be received by the FTA within 28 days of the end of the taxable period or by any other date as directed by the FTA. If the payment is by FTA, it must be received by the FTA by the same deadline. Understand tax obligations
Below are some important terms regarding the operation of VAT and how they affect the tax liability of taxable persons
Submission of VAT return
For each taxable period, the taxable person is required to submit a VAT return containing details about the supply prepared or received by the taxable person. With respect to sales and other outputs, taxable persons must report
- If you are a retailer and offer tax refunds to UAE tourists under the official tourist refund system, the tax refunds provided to tourists under the tax refund system for tourists.
- Supply of goods and services subject to zero VAT rate.
- If applicable, adjustments to goods imported into the UAE and declared through UAE Customs.
- Supply of goods and services received by the taxable person subject to the reverse billing provisions.
For purchases and other inputs, taxable persons must report
- Purchases and costs that are subject to the standard VAT rate and you want to collect VAT.
- I want to collect temporary consumption tax. Supplies that are subject to reverse billing. The amount of VAT that the taxable person can claim and collect the temporary sales tax must be offset in the final tax return. The resulting amount is the net VAT paid to or refunded by the FTA (that is, the net VAT position).